The virtual IMPEX Conference and Exhibition 2020 was held on 24th and 25th of November 2020. The event was graced and opened by the Honourable Member of Parliament, Minister of commerce, trade and industry, Mr. Christoper Yaluma and closed by Mr. Mushuma Mulenga, permanent S]secretary, ministry of commerce, trade and industry.
The core objectives of the conference and exhibition were;
- Connecting Africa through Trade and e-Commerce
- Connecting Exporters and Importers in Africa and creating a platform where trade deals can be conducted
- Create a platform for Business to Business meetings
- Showcasing products and services from sellers to buyers in Africa.
- Plenary discussions on trending topics on regional trade and investment
Among the prominent speakers that were a part of the conference and exhibition were;
- H.E. Ambassador Albert Muchanga, Commissioner for Trade and Industry, African Union Corporation (AUC).
- Mr Liao Zibin, Vice Chairman and General Manager, ZCCZ.
- Mr. Leonard Mwanza, Chief Executive Officer, Bankers association of Zambia.
- Mrs. Chipego Zulu Chileshe, Vice President, Zambia Association of Manufacturers.
- Mr. Ashish Gadnis, Co-founder/Chief Executive Officer, BankQu.
- Ms. Margaret Mageto, Chief Manager Trade and Facilitation, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA
- Mr. Mark Townsend, Chief Executive Officer, Liquid Telecom.
The virtual event was characterised with live speeches, live discussion sessions which were moderated by Mr. Laurian Haangala who s the Vice President of the Zambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ZACCI) the apex Private Sector body in Zambia.
We want to say thank you to all our Sponsors, Speakers, Delegates and everyone that was involved in organising the event.